The Saxodus continues as more and more people confirm that they are leaving Saxo Bank for other teams. Here’s a quick rundown of current migrations:
- Frank Schleck – “I’ll go where Andy goes!”
- Andy Schleck – “I’ll go where Frank goes!”
- Frank-n-Andy Schleck – New Luxembourg team. Sponsor still TBD.
- Jens Voigt – Confirmed to be leaving Saxo Bank. Most indications are that he is going to join the Frank-n-Andy endeavor, but that has not been confirmed at the time of this writing.
- Jakob Fuglsang – Moving with Frank-n-Andy
- Steuart O’Grady- Moving with Frank-n-Andy
- Matti Breschel – Transfering his accounts from one bank to another, Matti is moving from Saxo Bank to Rabobank.
That makes six out of the nine Saxo Bank riders in the 2010 Tour de France that are heading for other teams – 5 of them apparently to the same new team. Fabian Cencellara still has one year remaining on his contract with Saxo Bank, and of course Alberto Contador has signed on to the newly names Saxo Bank-Sungard team for two years.